One of the things I have found out having two boys is that they need plenty of exercise all year round. So now is the perfect time to take a look at your outdoor and garden space and make sure it will work during the colder weather for play.
- Footballs in to the garage – I still let them play out with them, but frost will ruin the leather
- Plastic bats in to storage, as again the frost will ruin them
- Water play items in to storage
- We cover the sand pit with a plastic table cover and an old blanket
We also take the time to have a tidy up of the Playhouse you should also check over wooden climbing frames.
In order to make sire that the children still make the most of this space over the winter, we put hats and gloves at the back door and they also have waterproof trousers. There is nothing nicer than playing in the garden on a crisp sunny day our climbing frame gets a lot of use all year round. Other items that we use a lot over winter in the garden are:
- A magnifying glass – The frost always intrigues the boys and they love to look at it closely
- Bird feed, we love to encourage birds in to the garden over the winter and make sure we feed them, but also have a bird book, so we can see what each of the birds are
The boys are actually hoping that we have snow as they love the garden when it is full of snow!